Thursday 24 January 2019

Facebook friendship

Dear readers and people, this is a touchy issue for me and I`ve come to the conclusion that explaining myself to each and every individual who adds me is very counterproductive. 

Thank you for your add, but it's likely I will decline it. It's not about you, its about me. 

I used to have close to 3000 people, 2500 of which were in my list for years without messaging me, liking or sharing or having any interaction with me. 

I've cleared up my list and try to be discerning. 

The academic study of magic is one of the six or seven fields I am involved with, some of which are  not only unrelated but completely opposite to one another, and people from all these 6-7 fields add me on my personal profile. Than bitch about something I post that they don't like. It's really uncomfortable and I'd like to avoid it. 

Some of you add me and interact. That's great. Some just say Hi. That's good. Some say nothing for months or years. That's weird. Some are blank profiles with no info or real picture. That's just sad. 

If you need help with something and write to me, I will answer. I respond to a lot of  people, like 15-30 a day, and take time out of my day to respond to everybody, as fast as I am able to do so, in each of the fields I am involved with, not only magic and grimoires. 

If we can work together and collaborate, I will of course accept. If I know you, I will accept. If the interaction you need from me is more of a long term thing, I will accept. 

You hit the add button just because? I won't , I'm sorry.  I do not collect Facebook friends. 

You can't speak English or Romanian? I will not accept. If you can't understand the question ”What is your name?” we clearly can't talk about the diffusion of Arabic astral magic texts in the literate milieu of Europe. It's impossible. 

I don't teach magic, I don't do Reiki, I don't send light to your hospitalised loved ones, I don't curse people you need cursed, I won't join your Illuminati Lodge (no kidding, 3 people asked me so far) and I will not have a threesome with you, ladies. Ok, maybe not the last one, I`ll give it some thought. 


Thank you for reading. Just follow my blog or my page, everything on magic I post is there, not on my personal profile. 

5 comments:

  1. Firstly had sent You the request then found this entry and quickly erased it, hah :D Anyhoo, found Your blog thanks to teurgia-org and really glad because of it, You have a lot of interesting to read and I wanted to thank You for Your pure interest in what you are doing, for it allows me to learn something new.
    With best regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my best to you! I answer all messages on FB. Thank you for understanding!

      Delete
    2. Long time - no see, but I turned up into Your friend list eventually, by nickname of Malka Abendstern.

      Delete
  2. I respect your honesty and directness and shall undoubtedly enjoy reading your commentary.

    ReplyDelete