Saturday 8 February 2020

72 Seals of the Shemhamephoresh (Ms.Or.Ф.210 No.37)

First of all I would like to thank my Patreons (Julio Cesar Ody, Alexander Cummins, Oana Bărăităruș, M. Allcock, Belle Wood, Anneliese Anthoinette and Serghei Sorin), who have kept their support alive, even though I haven't been posting new things. Your help is much appreciated, and I will do my best to post reviews to the books I bought. 

Secondly, my warmest regards to this fine gentleman, hunter of rare gems and history, Daniel Clark by his true name, who supported my studies with new and new finds. You never cease to amaze me with your generosity, Daniel.

It is thanks to him that I found these beautifully drawn seals of the 72 angels, oldest ones to my recollection (I do believe they precede Blaise de Viginere`s). I am sure I have spotted them somewhere else, perhaps in black and white copies, but these struck me as unique and decided to publish the here. 

Russian State Library MS OR Ф.210 No. 37 - Le secret des secrets, autrement la clavicule de Salomon, ou le veritable grimoire contains the French Clavicles, in an elegant and legible writing (perhaps one of the Fyot scribes). 

Our seals are in the final appendix, beautifully drawn in colored inks. Alas, page 137-138 is missing completely, but the other pages are safe and sound:



Page 139: 


Page 140: 


Page 141: 

Page 142: 

Page 143: 


Page 144: 


Page 145: 


Page 146: 

Page 147: 


Page 148: 




 Oh and, if you could stop publishing these graphics in your books and making cheap talismans on etsy, without even mentioning the source, It'll  be great... 


If you find this helpful, share it or consider becoming a patron, in order to keep this free resource going with as much new material as possible. Thank you.  

6 comments:

  1. Dear Mihai Vârtejaru,
    The same seals (also in color) are found in MS Paris Arsenal l2350.
    Thank you for sharing those beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doctrine of Forms developed a theological interpretation with Philo who places the Forms in the Logos, the mind of God. Similarly, Plotinus considers the Forms as thoughts in the Divine Mind or Intellect (Nous). For St. Augustine, “The Form,” in the final analysis, is God Himself, the ultimate and first Form that constitutes the being of things. As Snodgrass puts it: “Plato assigned Forms an absolute being; in the thought of Plotinus they became the contents of the World Soul; in St. Augustine they are the thoughts of a personal God.

    Gaseste unitatea cu multitudinea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are not the correct talismans, the correct ones come from Blaise vigilante, a 16th century manuscript of which I have a copy, with the conjurations aswell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Blaise de Viginaire seals are seals, these are talismans. There is no CORRECT or INCORRECT seals. There are thousands of magical manuscripts. Whatever you lean of first you will consider correct because you will form an attachment to it.

      Delete