Yes, i will continue to publish here every now and then free stuff, like a study of the Spirits in the Munich Necromantic Manual or a full article i m working on presently, on the necromantic boat.
BUT.
There is no free option for my patreon for allmost a year now.
The only free accounts that follow me are people who were paying members for quite some time, then switched to free. To respect their support, i did not block anybody.
But I do block new people from following me for free.
Why?
Because Patreon does not have a ”cancel this guy following you for free” button.
Because Patreon does not have a ”send this guy a private message to ask him nicely” button.
Because Patreon does not have a ”see this guy s email to write him and ask him nicely” button.
Because I disabled the FREE membership, that means people find a way around that, which is very dishonest of them.
Because if you cannot commit 3 dollars a month or once a year to see me content, the free version will certainly not help you.
Your FREE following does not help me in the least, i m sorry. I cannot buy books on magic with good intentions. The kind of people following patreon accounts for free thinking it s very generous of them are the kind of people that see a hungry homeless person and tell them they re sending prayers and love and good vibes.
”But Mihai, they join for free and THEN they join as paying members, you re doing yourself a disservice” : I have had free members. I think for 7-8 years or more. Not one paying member has started out as a free member. Not one free member upgraded to at least 3 dollars. Not one. In 8 years.
I would highly appreciate it if you STOPPED subscribing to my Patreon for free. Thank you.

No comments:
Post a Comment